Northern Elite Football League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A public forum for Teams, Players, & Fans to come together as one to continue the popularity of the NEFL

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Changes in the NEFL

Go down 
+3
watermom76
Thompson-stp
GBGladiators
7 posters
AuthorMessage
watermom76

Changes in the NEFL Empty
PostSubject: yes it does Thank you so much for taking the time to clarifie this for me.    Changes in the NEFL EmptyThu May 24, 2012 7:52 pm

GBGladiators wrote:
The MN Spartans are not the same team as the Dragons. The MN Spartans were formed in early 2012. They have played games with other teams and were part of a different league. They were formed by an ex dragon player and some of their players were ex dragons as well. Due to the problems the dragons were having the NEFL parted ways with the Dragon organization. Many of the current dragon team still want to play football, and they have gone to the Spartans. So we may see a lot of familiar faces on the Spartan team. However, and this is a big one. The Spartans are owned and coached by a completely different staff then the Dragons. I hope this clarifies the issue for you
Back to top Go down
GBGladiators

GBGladiators

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the NEFL   Changes in the NEFL EmptyThu May 24, 2012 5:49 pm

The MN Spartans are not the same team as the Dragons. The MN Spartans were formed in early 2012. They have played games with other teams and were part of a different league. They were formed by an ex dragon player and some of their players were ex dragons as well. Due to the problems the dragons were having the NEFL parted ways with the Dragon organization. Many of the current dragon team still want to play football, and they have gone to the Spartans. So we may see a lot of familiar faces on the Spartan team. However, and this is a big one. The Spartans are owned and coached by a completely different staff then the Dragons. I hope this clarifies the issue for you
Back to top Go down
watermom76

PostSubject: so what you are saying is that you only changed the name of the team for what ever reason same players and owners this does not make any sence at all . seems like there is more to this . this is 1 NEFL fan who does not understand   Changes in the NEFL EmptyThu May 24, 2012 5:38 pm

spartan79 wrote:
We are all dragons players. Some of us played in the league last year. And some of us were on the dragons roster. We are not new to the NEFL. Just our name and colors. Even our owner played in this league.
Back to top Go down
spartan79

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the NEFL   Changes in the NEFL EmptyThu May 24, 2012 5:07 pm

We are all dragons players. Some of us played in the league last year. And some of us were on the dragons roster. We are not new to the NEFL. Just our name and colors. Even our owner played in this league.
Back to top Go down
JWalsh

JWalsh

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the NEFL   Changes in the NEFL EmptyThu May 24, 2012 4:47 pm

They are replacing the Dragons with the Spartans, which have different owners, coaches and players. I am pretty sure, though, that some current Dragon players will be joining the Spartans for the remainder of the season. Just my guess.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pioneersfootball.org
watermom76

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the NEFL   Changes in the NEFL EmptyThu May 24, 2012 3:50 pm

so did the dragon owners change or just the name of the team? are all the players the same players as the dragons or are there new players?
Back to top Go down
blair johnson

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the NEFL   Changes in the NEFL EmptyThu May 24, 2012 10:01 am

Wow, not often you get a retrofit without a lot of logistical garbage! Nice job NEFL. Welcome Spartans!
Blair
Back to top Go down
spartan79

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the NEFL   Changes in the NEFL EmptyThu May 24, 2012 8:47 am

First of all as a former dragon and now spartan. I will like to say thank you to the league for letting us be apart of the league. It means alot to us.
Back to top Go down
GBGladiators

GBGladiators

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the NEFL   Changes in the NEFL EmptyThu May 24, 2012 8:10 am

watermom76 wrote:
I would hope that the NEFL and the Dragons would explain whats going on i dont think its fair to the rest of the teams for a switch 2 games into the season. are the Spartens going to be two games down from everyone else ? Just a fan wondering whats going on.

I can't speak for the Dragons, but the NEFL felt it necessary to remove the Dragons due to several issues. The MN Spartans will take over the Dragons schedule and record. So as of now they are 0-1 and play this Saturday.
Back to top Go down
mongo5022

mongo5022

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the NEFL   Changes in the NEFL EmptyThu May 24, 2012 2:03 am

Great job by the league to pull the trigger on this one.

However, there may have been some writing on the wall that the Dragons were a bad investment, or at least their leadership. They have walked in the path that was laid by Terry Sullivan from back in the of MFL days.

But, by ending the relationship with them, hopefully the league at large will continue to grow and not suffer from the tainting of a few. Be selective and choose those that will benefit the league and the image of the NEFL.

**** The previous statements and opinions are that of my own and in no way reflect those of any team, organization, or blah blah, blah!***
Back to top Go down
watermom76

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the NEFL   Changes in the NEFL EmptyThu May 24, 2012 1:39 am

I would hope that the NEFL and the Dragons would explain whats going on i dont think its fair to the rest of the teams for a switch 2 games into the season. are the Spartens going to be two games down from everyone else ? Just a fan wondering whats going on.
Back to top Go down
Thompson-stp

Thompson-stp

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the NEFL   Changes in the NEFL EmptyThu May 24, 2012 1:11 am

Hats off to the league, made the best out of a tough situation.
Back to top Go down
GBGladiators

GBGladiators

PostSubject: Changes in the NEFL   Changes in the NEFL EmptyThu May 24, 2012 12:22 am

The NEFL would like to announce a new addition to the league. Please welcome the MN Spartans! The MN Spartans will take over the MN Dragons schedule and record for the 2012 season. The Dragons are no longer a part of the league.

The Dragons pages on the website will also become the MN Spartans. This might take awhile. So if you are looking for their NEFL roster once it is updated it will be found on the Dragons pages.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changes in the NEFL   Changes in the NEFL Empty

Back to top Go down

Changes in the NEFL
Page 1 of 1